Monday 17 March 2014

Granny’s blanket





Ok, I'm in the small third bedroom now – and as we have already discussed the merits of crochet, I thought I would share my blanket with you; made by Granny many years ago, it has several holes (which, if I were able to crochet I would probably be able to mend) the culprit was our old cat who loved to sleep on it, but would regularly pummel it with his claws. I hate to admit this but I have never dared wash it – although maybe I should rectify this situation? 

3 comments:

  1. After many years, the colours are still so bright and fresh, and it has almost a Mexican feel to it, especially as the same colours appear in the border. The crochet looks very fine (if only I could crochet too!), and I would imagine was a very comfy place for your old cat to curl up on, after clawing a nicely formed crochet blanket nest!

    Was she (Granny) the type of person who would have bought the wool especially, or would it be made from balls she already had?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question about the wool... if you look closely you can maybe make out that the pink squares are in fact not all the same shade of pink, therefore I think it is more than likely that she produced the blanket using existing wool. She was a prolific crocheter, so I'm sure she would have had plentiful stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allow me to introduce the LE-MERIDIAN FINANCING SERVICES. the loan company that grant me loan of 5,000,000.00 USD When other loan investors has neglect my offer but Le_Meridian Funding Service grant me success loan.they are into directly in loan financing and project  in terms of investment. they provide financing solutions to companies and individuals seeking access to capital markets funds, they can helped you fund your project or expand your business.. Email Contact:::: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Also  lfdsloans@outlook.com or Write on whatsapp Number  on    1-(989-394-3740)Good Intend,

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive